Tuesday, February 22, 2011

In need of advice...

So...struggling with something here. Tanner is going out and selling for the summer in Kansas and Alabama. Should I stay or should I go?

I could stay here and work and go to school. For those who don't know, I am planning on starting at MATC to get a certificate in Medical Office Administration. Basically, I would be the receptionist at anything from a doctor's office to a hospital. I feel like that is right up my ally because I love office work, as I'd learned from being a Field Office Manager last summer. And I feel that being in the medical field there will always be jobs for me, great hours, and insurance is for sure. It's only a 10 month program and I can always finish faster than that because it's self paced.

I've also got two really good job prospects, I've interviewed for one and I'm waiting for a call on the other. But basically, I could stay, work, go and finish school, and that way when Tanner gets back from selling, I could support him through school. But the issue with this plan is that it will make Tanner and I be separate for the whole summer, which will suck! And I get pretty nervous in my apartment by myself, so I might need a roomie.

So, the other option is to go out and be with him and be the office manager and be with Tanner, which will be great for the summer, but then we will be in the same rut as we were last year upon coming home from selling. What I mean by this is that we will be jobless upon return and if this next return is anything like the last, it will be wicked hard to find a job again. Seriously, I haven't had a real job since we got back and it's been SUCH a struggle! I worked a few weeks and Macy's only to be let go because it was just for the Christmas season. Then I work for a few weeks as a Dish Network saleswoman, but that didn't work out. Then I worked 5 days at Edible Arrangements for the Valentine's Day rush. We just can't afford for this to happen again, especially if we are both going to be in school in the Fall.

That's the other hang up, I could be done with school by January or even by the end of summer, but if I go, I'll be putting that off till after the summer, pushing my graduation at most to next July, thus putting Tanner's school off another semester or two. I really just want us to hurry and get done with school so we can get our lives started you know, like getting into real jobs and starting a family and all. Ugh!

So I could stay and be super depressed about being without my hubby or I could go and be stressed about school, jobs, money, our futures, etc. I just don't know what to do!!! I need advice! Please!


Sav Gardiner said...

i think you've answered your own question... you are HEAVILY weighted on staying... you just don't want to be without him... HOWEVER... from the wife of a deployed Marine... a few months isn't too bad. especially since you could text all day, and skype at night... thats more than i have, and i'm ok... plus you live in Utah, i imagine you'd be pretty safe, just keep music on all the time, and keep a gun on the nightstand :)

Shayla said...

Sweetie...since you are asking...I would say GO WITH HIM. You will regret it if you don't. The good thing about being broke at this point, it's easier when it's just you two. Things will work out if you guys make the right choices for your family (ie staying together). Doesn't mean there won't be tough times, but that's the point. Life's hard ;) Stick close to your honey and ride it out. Love you guys!!!

Mecham Family said...

super hard decision! I think I would go though! You are still SUPER young.. a few semesters of schooling won't kill you! I promise! I have lived it and still am! Time goes by so dang fast and I think if i were you I would be sad to miss the time with my husband. Just my opinion.. hope it helps! :)

P.S. EVERYTHING will work out the way it is suppose to!! BELIEVE me! I speak from experience...

It wouldn't hurt to say a little prayer about it too! That always seems to help me :)