CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mother's Day Board Book

This is what I made my wonderful mom for Mother's Day. It's a board book. My Mother-in-law made one for me for my wedding and it was beautiful! My mom and sister-in-laws really wanted one, so this is the first of many I will do hopefully!

Front
Grandma and Grandpa Gonzalez
Grandma and Grandpa Cowles
Mom and Dad~Brother and Sister-in-law
Me and Hubby
The back, the figurines are the cake toppers my Grandma Cowles made for
her wedding and I used them at my wedding too!
Front standing
Back standing

For my wedding we collected as many of our families wedding pictures as we could. I had them all framed and on the tables as center pieces, and now they are all on display at my home. A lot of people said it looked more like I had a shrine going on, so I decided they needed to come down and I'd make a cute book! My mom wanted one too, so this is the one with all my mom and dad's families.

They are really fun and easy to make. I just got some children's board books at DI, cut the pages apart, then glued cute paper on each page with a glue stick. The most time consuming part is just deciding how and where to put the pictures and embellishments.

I thought it turned out really well and my mom loved it!

3 comments:

Just Kristina... said...

Very, very, VERY beautiful!! You are talented. I love it!!

Sharley said...

Thanks Kristina!!!

Steph and David said...

I am in love with this idea! I am going to do that someday!! Cute!